Skip to main content

Why Mr. Ibu's burial preparation has taken long.

The family of late Nollywood comic actor, John Okafor, a.k.a Mr Ibu, has announced his burial date.

 This was contained in a statement signed by Elder Sunday Okafor, Mr Ibu’s elder brother.

Ibu’s family said the late actor will be buried on the 28th of June 2024 in his hometown in Eziokwe Amuri, Nkanu West local government area of Enugu State.

 The statement said the burial ceremony would begin on Tuesday, June 25 with a high-profile novelty match, while on Wednesday, June 26, there would be a session called ‘Mr Ibu’s Night’, which would involve a candlelight procession and live entertainment.

 On June 27, a Christian Wake will be held at his compound in Eziokwe Amuri, Nkanu West LGA, while the funeral service will take place on June 28.

 The five-day burial ceremony will be wrapped on  Sunday, June 30, with a Church Thanksgiving for family members, friends, and well-wishers.

“The Okafor family in Eziokwe Amuri, Nkanu West LGA in Enugu State wishes to honour the loving memory of our hero and a legend John Ikechukwu Okafor who even in death has left a legacy of love, laughter, and liveliness.
“We would appreciate your esteemed presence as we lay to rest our son, husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and in-law on the 28th of June 2024.“Kindly join us as we share the best and last moments with our icon,” the statement stated.

Comments

  1. Amazing content senior keep writing , consistency is what matters alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot welcome back for more insights and updates

      Delete
  2. Nice content brother.....Keep the spirit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading The Powel's Journal, This is the Insightful Hub. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Karibu Tena

Popular posts from this blog

Raised Not to Cry: Mental Health and The Emotional Cost of Masculinity

    Growing up I rarely saw men cry, not my father, not my uncles and not even the boys I used to play Lifundo with. I even remember  vividly that bad afternoon back in kindergarten when my boys decided to show me what learning in a village public primary school looked like.  That particular afternoon just before being served porridge and singing “ … saasa ni sa siita Mwalimu kwaheeri…” something unusual happened, I must first admit that in my childhood I was different, the common smiles and wordiness I have today, just caught up with me in puberty the other day, so on that afternoon I got attacked, attacked with these village bullies that will without any reason throw down a stick and declare,  “...kama wewe ni mwanaume ruka unipige…” Meaning, “...if you are a man enough cross to this side and touch me..” crossing over the stick meant you just trespassed into someone's territory aiming to bring violence of which you either had  the energy to fight them ...

DOES YOUR MOTHER REALLY KNOW THAT YOU'RE MARRIED?

I know you'll say jealousy has taken a better part of me but let me ask you, does your mother really know that you’re married? Does she even know that you’ve been cohabiting in that campus bedsitter for the past four years, raising a love baby made of borrowed cooking oil, endless sleepovers, and whispers of “babe, uko na class leo?” Happy moments of campus dating  You see, campus dating has evolved. It’s no longer just about holding hands in the corridors or campus highways and probably hanging out during weekends. Initially Fridays were known for girls to change environment, I mean taking a charger and a sweater then leaving their cubes in hostels to somebody else's room for the weekend. Today, some of the comrades are running full-blown “marriages” in the name of companionship. And the funniest part? Both broke, jobless, and sharing a mattress that has seen better days but somehow convinced that love reigns. Anyway, how do you feel now that your parents a...

Why You Should Stop Buying and Start Growing Your Own Groceries

It is my habit that whenever I'm chopping tomatoes, I throw that last piece into my mouth. This Thursday was no different, but guess what… Something unusual happened. The moment I bit into it, the smell hit me so hard, I froze. I thought I had chewed a tomato soaked in paraffin. It was that strong. I froze because It felt like I had tasted a mix of chemicals that had no business being in food at all. Just before you imagine this was my first shock, it was not. Not long ago I bought six bananas from my mama mboga , yes, six! My obsession with this fruit sometimes makes me wonder whether I belong closer to the monkey family or the human one. So there I was, excited about this perfectly yellow banana but inside, instead of the soft sweet flesh, I found something hard and dry like a maize cob . Later I learned the science behind it. Farmers sometimes use ripening chemicals to force bananas to yellow overnight instead of allowing the natural three to four days that involves storing the...